How long I've had braces!

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

5th Month Update with Braces

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - As of August 18th it has now been 5 months since I've had my top braces on.  I think my teeth are definitely getting used to them, because after each appointment the soreness doesn't last as long and my teeth aren't as tender.

The extraction gaps seem to be getting smaller.  I really can't tell if the gap needed to open has widened any more since they put the clamp on my last adjustment.  I think it has some, but then at times it looks no different.  But, from the photos below you can really see a big difference in both my extraction gaps and the gap behind my snaggle tooth since May.  WOW!  That makes me happy ;).   Maybe my next appointment when I get my bottom brackets on she will be able to tell and see if I need another clamp or if I can finally get the wire on that snaggle tooth.  Fingers crossed it will be opened enough ;).

I still brush my teeth the same.  My front teeth have gotten a lot tighter again to floss and sometimes the floss gets stuck.  It also has gotten a lot easier flossing my back molars.  I think they aren't as tight as they used to be.  The floss hasn't been getting caught or snagged lately.  I still use my water pick all the time.  That thing is a definite must for anyone with braces!! 

Below are updated photos showing the progress from month 1 to 5.  I also included the side by side photos showing the upper arch gaps taken in May and today.  Again, not the prettiest photos and sorry for the scary teeth.  But, if my photos and experience helps someone else going through braces, that's all that matters.  Plus I like looking back at my own experience and seeing how far my teeth have come since day one.

Just 2 and 1/2 weeks to go for my bottom brackets to be put on and that journey begins to straighten those teeth.  I will update and post photos of that day as well, 9-9-14.
Right Side View - 5 Months

Left Side View - 5 Months

Front View - 5 Months


Progress photos Month 1 to 5 Months

No comments:

Post a Comment